What We Do
British soft fruits
We are recognised as one of the UK’s leading growers and processors of high quality soft fruits for major British supermarkets including M&S, Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and the Co-Op as part of the UK’s biggest soft fruit marketing group, Berry Gardens.
We are involved in one of the world’s foremost plant breeding and supply programmes and produce includes strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and rhubarb.
Specialist plant breeders have created delicious, mouth-watering soft fruits and flavours instantly recognised on consumers’ and buyers’ palates. Restaurant foodies and discerning buyers are in for a fruitful surprise; you won’t find better British soft fruits anywhere.
We operate ‘Integrated Crop Management’ systems using the latest growing technology and environmentally friendly growing disciplines.
At Place UK we:
- Manage a stringent, quality-driven, soft fruit growing programme;
Fertilise and structure the soil with cover crops;
- Use beetle banks to maintain and encourage beneficial insects;
- Use friendly predators to control pests;
- Are currently undertaking groundbreaking research using pheromone traps for strawberry weevil and raspberry beetle;
- Operate worldwide traceability, provenance and quality assurance procedures throughout our fruit procurement programmes.
- Continually strive to improve our organic growing disciplines whilst minimising our environmental impact on our regions valuable natural resources.
At all stages our crop growing is audited by various leading bodies such as LEAF and Assured Produce. You can be assured the management and staff at Place UK are totally focused on exceeding our customers’ and their consumers’ expectations.
In addition to actively growing soft fruits and importing exotic fruits from around the world, we are also one of the leading British processors and suppliers of both organic and conventional food stuffs including cooked and frozen pasta, pulses and bean sprouts. We process IQF vegetables from fresh or canned raw material.
Our diverse processing operations include cooking (blanching), puree, de-canning and individually quick freezing all forms of foodstuffs, including a full range of GM-free pulses from organic adzuki to chick peas and red kidney beans. Traceability and provenance are key to our company’s continued success.
Place UK are a ‘solution centre’ offering an immediate, quality supply line for ingredients, flavours and perishable fruit and food products, trusted by a ripening portfolio of extremely satisfied clients.