Place UK use Integrated Crop Management Systems within GAP (Good Agricultural Procedures).
- Prepare the fertility and structure of the soil with cover crops;
- Use beetle banks to maintain and encourage beneficial insects;
- Use predators and pheromone traps to control unwanted pests, thereby minimising the use of chemicals and benefiting our environment.
All of our growing, processing and packing activities are independently audited and accredited by numerous bodies such as:
- Assured Produce Scheme;
- BRCGS (Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards)
- LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming)
- Soil Association (the UK’s premier organic accreditation body)
- SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange ), for which we receive full compliance
In addition to these independently operated schemes, we are regularly audited directly by most of the major multiples and their supply chain partners.
We have won many awards, including:
- Environment Agency Awards – for the efficient and sensitive ways in which we use valuable natural resources such as water
- Value Awards (Tesco) – as ‘Best Employee Facilities’ for our workforce
Over the years we have also helped many of our valued customers to achieve their own industry awards, such as prestigious “Q” awards, by supplying innovative quality ingredients.
For our imported ingredients we operate a system of direct technical auditing of all our suppliers’ growing and processing operations combined with utilising leading 3rd-party bodies such as SAI Global/EFSIS.
As growers and processors in our own right, we trail audit these ingredients back to field to give our customers full product traceability wherever possible.