Premium British redcurrants individually quick frozen
Jams and jellies are obvious ways of using our IQF Redcurrants, however, the can bring a surprising contrast to savoury dishes too – here’s a recipe that uses redcurrants for exactly that:
adapted from Good Housekeeping magazine: Roquefort and Redcurrant Salad
- 1 1/2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch english mustard powder
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A selection of bitter leaves such as curly endive, radicchio and chicory
- 225 g (8oz) Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 125 g (4oz) punnet defrosted IQF Place UK redcurrants
- Add the redcurrant jelly, 1 tsp boiling water, the white wine vinegar, mustard powder and olive oil to a bowl and whisk together, seasoning with salt and ground black pepper.
- Arrange salad leaves and Roquefort on a large plate and dress with the whisked mixture above.
- Sprinkle with the redcurrants and enjoy.
A Dutch variety with a good flavour. Rovada produces exceptionally heavy crops in late July, early August. This variety can prove to be the heaviest cropping of all varietiesView Image
Varieties and availability are subject to change due to seasonal variations, continuous development and evolving specifications. Please enquire for further information.